This is BY FAR one of my favorite pies. I love that it uses fresh peaches and the combination of orange and lemon flavors with the peaches is delightful.
Yield: 1 pie
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup cornstarch
3 T. water
1/8 tsp. salt
1 oz. of orange jello mix
1 T. plus 1 tsp. lemon juice
Golden Oreo Pie Crust (recipe below)
- Cook pie crust according to package directions
- Peel and slice peaches
- Combine first four ingredients (sugar, cornstarch, water, salt).
- Make into a paste and add to 2/3 cup boiling water.
- Boil until it starts to thicken.
- Add orange jello powder.
- Cook one minute longer.
- Remove from heat & add lemon juice
- Chill thoroughly.
- Add diced peaches making sure the sauce overs all of the peaches.
- Pour into baked pie shells.
- Cover with whip cream.
Golden Oreo Pie Crust
25 Golden Oreos
5 T. butter, melted
- Finely crush oreos using a food processor.
- Melt butter and add to crushed oreos.
- Press butter/oreo mixture into pie pan.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve for at least 30 minutes.