My re-creation of the best steak of my life for our anniversary. I had to try and recreate it because I couldn't imagine never having it ever again unless I go to Aruba (which I plan to). It actually turned out pretty dang good. However I would say this recipe is not for inexperienced cooks.
Garrett and I on our honeymoon at Madam Jeanette's literally the best food I have ever had in my life. I should call this steak better than you know what steak ;-)
"Rock N' Roller" Steak
NY Strip steak
Salt & Pepper
4 strips bacon, cooked than crumbled (use in sauce)
Sauce Béarnaise (Recipe below)
- Season steak with salt and pepper.
- Cook in either leftover bacon grease or some butter.
- Cook until desired doneness.
- Serve with onion rings and Béarnaise sauce on top.
2 shallots, finely chopped
1/2 cup white cooking wine
1/2 cup white wine vinegar
Salt & freshly ground pepper
4 large egg yolks
2 T. water
2 sticks cold butter, cut into small pieces
4 green onions, chopped
- Combine shallots, white wine, vinegar, and 2 pinches of pepper in a small pot over medium heat and reduce to about 2 T. liquid (this part is kind of tricky because of the shallots you have to make sure that you have 2 T. liquid excluding the shallots). Set aside to cool.
- In another saucepan, beat egg yolks with 2 T. water over low heat until they become thick and foamy, 2-3 minutes.
- Add butter about a T. at a time, whisking until the mixture thickens and increases in volume.
- Add the cooled shallot mixture, green onions, and bacon. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour over steak and onion rings on top of steak.