Monday, July 11, 2011

Honeymoon Steak

My re-creation of the best steak of my life for our anniversary. I had to try and recreate it because I couldn't imagine never having it ever again unless I go to Aruba (which I plan to). It actually turned out pretty dang good. However I would say this recipe is not for inexperienced cooks.
Garrett and I on our honeymoon at Madam Jeanette's literally the best food I have ever had in my life. I should call this steak better than you know what steak ;-)

"Rock N' Roller" Steak
NY Strip steak
Salt & Pepper
4 strips bacon, cooked than crumbled (use in sauce)
Sauce Béarnaise (Recipe below)

  1. Season steak with salt and pepper.
  2. Cook in either leftover bacon grease or some butter.
  3. Cook until desired doneness.
  4. Serve with onion rings and Béarnaise sauce on top.

Sauce Béarnaise
2 shallots, finely chopped
1/2 cup white cooking wine
1/2 cup white wine vinegar
Salt & freshly ground pepper
4 large egg yolks
2 T. water
2 sticks cold butter, cut into small pieces
Bacon crumbles
4 green onions, chopped

  1. Combine shallots, white wine, vinegar, and 2 pinches of pepper in a small pot over medium heat and reduce to about 2 T. liquid (this part is kind of tricky because of the shallots you have to make sure that you have 2 T. liquid excluding the shallots). Set aside to cool.
  2. In another saucepan, beat egg yolks with 2 T. water over low heat until they become thick and foamy, 2-3 minutes.
  3. Add butter about a T. at a time, whisking until the mixture thickens and increases in volume.
  4. Add the cooled shallot mixture, green onions, and bacon. Season with salt and pepper.
  5. Pour over steak and onion rings on top of steak.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment