One of my best friends Mom made this for one of my bridal showers and ever since I have not been able to get enough of it. It is even better as leftovers when its cold!
Oriental Chicken Salad (Recipe from: Rochelle Reichert)
1 bag coleslaw mix
4 oz. slivered almonds
4 tsp. toasted sesame seeds (I use the black ones)
1 pkg oriental ramen noodles, crumbled
1 T. butter
3 Breaded Chicken Breasts, chopped (I use the Tyson ones)
4 green onions, chopped
2 flavor packets of Oriental Ramen
6 T. sugar
6 T. rice vinegar
1 cup vegetable oil
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. pepper
- Mix together dressing ingredients and refrigerate.
- Cook chicken according to package directions.
- Chop green onions.
- Saute crushed ramen noodles in 1 T. butter until lightly browned
- Chop cooked chicken into bite size pieces.
- Mix together coleslaw mix, almonds, sesame seeds, ramen noodles, chicken and green onions.
- Pour dressing on top of salad. (You do not have to use all of the dressing; I usually don't)
- Mix and serve