This recipe is Garrett's FAVORITE dessert. His mom makes them all the time and everyone gobbles them all up! Usually we just "eyeball" the coconut, chocolate chips, and marshmallows but I listed the actual amounts below.
"Magic" Bars (Recipe from: Susan Peterson)
1/4 cup butter, melted
3 cups graham cracker, crumbs
2 cups coconut, shredded sweetened
3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
3 cups marshmallows
1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
1 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Melt butter and mix with crushed graham crackers.
- Pat graham cracker into cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle coconut, chocolate chips, nuts (optional), marshmallows in that order.
- Pour sweetened condensed milk evenly over the top.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until marshmallows are golden brown.