Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Oriental Chicken Salad

One of my best friends Mom made this for one of my bridal showers and ever since I have not been able to get enough of it. It is even better as leftovers when its cold!

Oriental Chicken Salad (Recipe from: Rochelle Reichert)
1 bag coleslaw mix
4 oz. slivered almonds
4 tsp. toasted sesame seeds (I use the black ones)
1 pkg oriental ramen noodles, crumbled
1 T. butter
3 Breaded Chicken Breasts, chopped (I use the Tyson ones)
4 green onions, chopped

Dressing:
2 flavor packets of Oriental Ramen
6 T. sugar
6 T. rice vinegar
1 cup vegetable oil
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. pepper

  1. Mix together dressing ingredients and refrigerate.
  2. Cook chicken according to package directions.
  3. Chop green onions.
  4. Saute crushed ramen noodles in 1 T. butter until lightly browned
  5. Chop cooked chicken into bite size pieces.
  6. Mix together coleslaw mix, almonds, sesame seeds, ramen noodles, chicken and green onions.
  7. Pour dressing on top of salad. (You do not have to use all of the dressing; I usually don't)
  8. Mix and serve
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment