Tri Citrus Steak Street Tacos
2 lbs. New York Strip Steak, excess fat trimmed
1/2 jalapeño, seeded and minced
4 cloves garlic, minced
juice of 1 orange
juice of 1 lemon
juice of 1 lime
2 T. apple cider vinegar
1/3 cup avocado oil
1 tsp. cumin
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
Red onion, minced
Fresh cilantro, chopped
Fresh pineapple, minced (We had fresh pineapple on our tacos in Hawaii and it was the bomb dot com)
Lime wedges (for the juice)
Cafe Rio Sauce (I just straight up buy my sauce by the pint from Cafe Rio now but you can use this recipe too)
Mission street taco tortillas either flour or corn (warmed)
- Mix ingredients of marinade together and place with steak in a ziploc bag.
- Marinate 1-6 hours (Don't marinate too long or else the meat gets mushy)
- Grill or pan fry steak until desired doneness.
- Let steak rest 5 minutes before cutting it so that it stays juicy.
- Chop steak into tiny pieces
- Assemble tacos with desired toppings
Chicken Street Tacos:
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- 3 cloves garlic , minced
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Mix ingredients of marinade together and place with chicken in a ziploc bag.
- Marinate 1-6 hours
- Grill or pan fry chicken until desired doneness.
- Let chicken rest 5 minutes before cutting it so that it stays juicy.
- Chop chicken into tiny pieces
- Assemble Tacos with desired toppings