Steak Fajitas (Recipe from: Elizabeth Weight)
Steak (Your choice; I like to use a thin cut of NY strip steak because its tender but it's more expensive; flank steak would be good too)
Seasoning for Steak: chili powder, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper, cumin, cayenne pepper
1 Red Bell Pepper
1 T. vegetable oil
Handful of Cilantro
1-2 limes (if they are big limes you probably only want one)
Toppings (tomatoes, sour cream, cheese, etc.)
- Season steak with generous amounts of freshly ground salt & pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, cumin, chili powder and cayenne pepper (easy on the cayenne pepper and chili powder unless you like spicy!).
- Cook steak until desired doneness. (I usually cook the steak whole then slice it into strips once it is cooked)
- Slice onion and pepper. I like to season my onions and peppers with some salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder too. Sauté onion and pepper in vegetable oil until onions are lightly golden brown.
- Chop about a handful of cilantro.
- Combine steak, onion, and red pepper in a serving dish. Juice 1-2 limes over mixture. Throw in desired amount of cilantro.
- Mix and serve in tortillas with toppings.