Thursday, March 23, 2017
5 cups whole milk
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 tsp. salt
3 cups COOKED rice (Cal-rose or medium grain)
2 cups heavy whipping cream
1 Tablespoon pure vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste
1. Start cooking rice at the same time you start to cook the pudding mixture.
2. In a large saucepan warm up the milk. When warm, add sugar and salt.
3. Then add eggs by tempering.
4. Stir slowly with wooden spoon at medium heat for 45-60 minute until the mixture has evenly thickened.
5. Add the cooked rice by placing the rice in a large glass measuring cup and adding a little of the milk mixture. Use a whisk to break up the rice grains and then add to the pot.
6. Let thicken until the rice and pudding mixture coat the back of a wooden spoon.
7. Then take off heat, put pudding in glass dish and cover with saran wrap.
8. Let cool in refrigerator for 6-24 hours.
9. Whip 2 cups of heaving whipping cream and 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract.
10. Fold the whipped cream into the cooled pudding mixture until fully incorporated.
1 cup milk chocolate chips
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
In the microwave melt chocolate chips with whipping cream for 2 minutes. Whisk until shiny and add to the cooled pudding before adding the vanilla whipped cream.
1 bag of frozen raspberries
Rice pudding mixture
Add frozen raspberries and mix into the pudding. Fully incorporate before folding in the vanilla whipped cream.
Omit vanilla extract and replace with 2 teaspoons almond extract