Philly Cheesesteak Sandwiches: (Adapted recipe from Pioneer Woman)
Yield: EASILY feeds 2 adults
1 lb. Cube steak (Round steak that's been extra tenderized; It almost looks like ground beef in the package but its steak)
Lawry's Seasoned Salt
1 Onion, thinly sliced
1 Green pepper, thinly sliced
1/2 stick butter (1/4 cup or 4 T.)
1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- Turn oven to broil.
- Slice onions and peppers and cook in 2 T. butter over medium-medium high heat until onions are soft and light brown. Remove and set aside.
- Slice cube steak against the grain. Season with Lawry’s.
- Heat 1 T. butter over medium high heat (in same skillet) until melted. Add meat in single layer. Cook one side until brown, then flip and cook until brown, about a minute on both sides.
- Add 1/4 cup (at least) Worcestershire sauce and 1 T. butter. Add cooked onions and peppers. Stir to combine.
- Butter halved French rolls and brown in skillet.
- To assemble, lay bottom half of French roll on baking pan. Place meat mixture, followed by a spoonful of juice from the pan. Top with provolone cheese and broil in the oven until melted. Then eat it all gone-y!