Over Christmas break my friend Stacie (who is a Kindergarten teacher) got one of those fancy cookie in a jar gifts from one of her students. So she decided to share them with us when we were visiting with them and I couldn't believe how yummy they were! I think that it might have been the first time that I have actually eaten cookies from a jar but I was impressed. I decided I wanted to make some but the recipe online is for how to make the jar version. So, HERE is the recipe if you want to make them into cookie in a jar gifts. Or if you want to make them "fat girl" style like me here is what I did:
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup plus 2 T. flour
1/2 cup rolled oats
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1/3 cup white sugar
1/2 cup craisins
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1/2 cup chocolate chips (I did 1/4 cup white chocolate and 1/4 cup semisweet because I'm not a huge fan of white chocolate which the recipe calls for but they taste pretty good in this recipe; I also think it would be yummy to use those swirly white/semi sweet chocolate chips)
- Soften butter to room temperature
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease a cookie sheet or line with parchment paper.
- Cream together butter, egg and vanilla until fluffy.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix until well blended.
- Drop by heaping spoonfuls onto the prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until edges start to brown.
- Cool on baking sheets or wire racks.