This is inspired by my favorite dish at Cheesecake Factory their Pasta Carbonara with chicken. I'm pretty sure they don't use a traditional carbonara sauce with eggs and that they just use a garlic alfredo sauce. So here is my copycat version! I have to say its VERY close and delicious :) I used the sauce from the cajun chicken alfredo recipe and improvised the rest. Sorry the picture isn't that great but I forgot to take one when it was fresh and beautiful haha. This makes ALOT so you could halve it.
1 box spaghetti
3-4 chicken breasts (cubed, salt and peppered)
1-2 T. butter to sauté the chicken breasts
6-8 slices of bacon (reserve 2 T. grease to saute garlic for alfredo sauce)
3 T. minced fresh garlic
1/4 c. white cooking wine
3 c. heavy whipping cream
3/4 c. freshly grated parmesan
1 tsp. sea salt
1/4-1/2 tsp. black pepper
1/2 c. sliced green onions
1/2 bag of frozen peas
- Cook the bacon in a large skillet. Reserve 2 T. grease. Chop the bacon after it is done cooking.
- While the bacon is cooking you can start the spaghetti. You can also sauté the cubed chicken in butter while the bacon cooks. Let the frozen peas boil in water for a few minutes until warmed.
- Sauté the 3 T. minced garlic in the bacon grease until lightly caramelized.
- Deglaze the pan with the white cooking wine.
- Add in the heavy cream.
- Let the cream simmer and wait for the sauce amount to reduce by about half and is thickened.
- Stir in Parmesan, salt and pepper.
- When spaghetti is finished cooking place in large bowl and pour the sauce over top.
- Add sautéed chicken breasts, chopped bacon, and peas.
- Garnish with green onions and more Parmesan.