Monday, August 29, 2011

Cafe Rio Creamy Cilantro Dressing

So if you have never been to the restaurant Cafe Rio let me tell you that you are missing out BIG TIME. Sorry East Coasters and Ohioans it's only on the West coast right now that I know of. I know a lot of people feel like they have to take sides between Chipotle and Cafe Rio but I love both of them and their menus and flavors are so different I don't think that you can compare them. Here is a recipe for their famous salad dressing. I love to use it on a lot of things like I drizzle some on my tacos, of course you can use it on mexican inspired salads, and pretty much anything that I think it will taste yummy with! It makes a lot so I freeze everything else that won't fit in my salad dressing bottle. I will post more Cafe Rio copycat recipes soon!

This is a tomatillo just in case you didn't know!

Cafe Rio Creamy Cilantro Copycat Recipe
1 packet TRADITIONAL Hidden Valley Ranch mix (not buttermilk!)
1 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup buttermilk
2 tomatillos, remove husk, quartered
1/2 bunch of fresh cilantro
1 clove garlic
juice of 1 lime
1 jalapeƱo (if you like it really spicy leave the seeds in)

  1. Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend it until it is ultra smooth with no chunks. (I probably leave the blender on for at least a minute just so everything is completely pulverized!)
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. I love that stuff! I always use a ton when my mom makes it. I'd eat it plain if it was socially acceptable.

    ReplyDelete